Friday, September 3, 2010

Almond Herb Crackers

Adapted from Elana's Pantry


Ingredients:

2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water

Preparation: 

Pre heat oven to 350 F
1.  In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, Herbes de Provence, and Parmesan cheese.
2.  In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and water.
3.  Add wet ingredients to dry and mix.


4.  Form dough into a ball and place on a sheet of parchment paper



5.  Place another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and roll with a rolling pin until 1/4 inch thick.
6.  Remove top sheet of parchment paper and transfer the bottom piece with rolled out dough onto baking sheet
7.  Cut into 2 inch squares with a knife or pizza cutter
8.  Bake at 350 F for 11 - 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
9.  Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes on baking sheet, then serve.

Note: I did not make the recipe this way, I didn't use the Parmesan cheese, and had 3/4 tsp of sea salt.  After tasting them, I think this recipe would be tastier!  Let me know how it is!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I think I'll try to make these for a good snack during an upcoming road trip! Thanks Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty. I did use the cheese. I added an egg too, and a dash of milk, to make it possible to use my cookie press and make the strips of dough easily that way. Turned out yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were great. Made them just as the recipe said. Any ideas on different herbs and seasonings to use to change up the flavor would be great. Just for variety. They were great as is though.

    ReplyDelete