Monday, September 13, 2010

Bagels

Adapted from Maria's Food and Nutrition


Ingredients:


3 tablespoons golden flaxseed meal
2.5 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons xylitol
3 eggs, separated

Preparation:

1.  Preheat oven to 325 F
2.  Combine flaxseed, coconut flour, baking powder, and xylitol in a bowl and mix.
3.  In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until fluffy

4.  Slowly add in yolks, and then dry mixture.
5.  Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes so it can firm up

6.  Form dough into bagel shapes on a greased cookie sheet or pour into a donut mold.

7.  Bake for 30 minutes, until bagels have turned golden brown.
8.  Top with cream cheese and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Birrdie, I made these last night and they are really tasty with some sugar free peach spread that I picked up at a local orchard. I used my donut pan to make them. Will prob double the recipe to get them a bit more substantial. I tried to fill 5 of the donut molds in the pan. I will be making them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they are pretty tiny! lol I'm glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm I just made these tonight. Doubled the recipe and they're tasty. I put some sugar free grape jelly on 2 of them. I've been missing a bread like something so this really hit the spot. Mine were done in about 15 minutes though... just to be sure they were baked all the way thru I turned the oven down to 200 and left them in the rest of the time. Also pulled them 1/2 way thru and ran a spatula underneath to try to avoid sticking.

    Kreative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kreative - I'm so glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete